Sunday, April 10, 2005

S is for SIM-ulations...


The Sims 2!

I borrowed a copy of the wildly popular "The Sims 2" pc game (Mind you, its an O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L okay.. Tsktsk...) from my other-half today. Apparently, she does not have the time to play it since the day i bought it for her, as the packaging had already began to collect dust.

After 15 minutes of installing ( The game used up a whopping 3.5 GB of my total memory space! ), the game finally started with a brief video which introduces various aspects of the game.

In the short clip, i was shown images of Sims gasping in shock, dancing by the pool, laughing at each other, hugging in estacy, and so on so on... Definitely looks fun to me at this point. Haha..

Without a doubt, i went into the time-wasting, but essential Tutorials section first. A total of five different Tutorials appeared, each provided me with very basic understandings on the game's background.

Within 30 minutes, i have learnt how to move my Sim around the place, how to let her interact with the things around her, how to build a house out of thin air, and lastly, how to make her get naked in the shower... Woo...

In mere seconds, her personal hygiene bar rose and ROSE, until it reached the maximum. I presume that it was due to the countless baths that she had taken . BWAHAHAHAHA... =P

After the Tutorials, it was time to get started on the game itself. A total of three, entirely differently themed Neighbourhoods greeted me at the main menu. All three have different background stories, different maps, and most importantly, different neighbours for my Sim.

I chosed the 2nd Neighbourhood, as it has the wackiest story of them all. Hint: It had something to do with UFOs and Aliens living among humans.. "SHIOK"!

After clicking on the Neighbourhood that I wanted, I was promted to buy a house from the selection available on the map. I chose a simple one, as it was cheaper and I wanted to save the extra money on other luxuries instead.

Finally, I have reached the point where it was time to create my very own Sim! After a minute of thought, I decided to create a Sim-mulation of myself! Haha..

The following depicts the steps that i took in creating my Ken Sim:

1: General Characteristics ( Sex, Skin Colour, Age etc... I managed to breeze through this section with ease)

2: Heads ( I don't really understand this spart, as there were only six different heads for me to choose from. And they all sucked big time! )

3: Hair and Face ( I lingered here for the longest time, as I was having a bit of trouble with the shape of the face. "Should I make it slimmer... Or should I just make myself more handsome..." If only reality was as simple as this... Sigh. )

4: Makeup, Facial Hair and Glasses ( I gave myself a black rimmed glasses, but Makeup was definite NO-NO for me... Makeup??! )

5: Clothing ( Bleh.. I didn't really like the selection available and felt that it was too limited. There were too many clothes with long sleeves. Yuck! )

6: Personality and Aspiration ( Hmm, according to the Sims' Horoscope , Virgos are OBSESSIVE with tidiness, has the personality of a Dictionary, as shy as a snail, and are as active as a piece of rock. Lol! )

Finally, upon reaching this point in the game, I have ceated a replica of myself. Although it didn't really looked like me( The eyes are weird.. BIG TIME), i do feel that certain features like the NOSE have been captured beautifully... (--.")

But just when i was about to save the Sim character, a prompt came up:

" Please create your other family members! "

WTF?! I had to create my parents too?? Wouldnt it be WAY sad if my Sim character had to live under house rules like in reality? "No way!" I told myself. My Sim character HAS to be a swinging single living without a care in the world!

And with that, I axed the entire application and exited the game... Sigh, looks like I will have to re-create my replica tommorow again...

What a waste of time... LOL =P




Ouch! That must have hurt... ALOT =P

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sims rocks my socks :P

9:36 AM  
Blogger xy said...

*waves hand*

i have SIMS 2 too!! original one too!

but my laptop's specs are freakin lousy, that my whole game lags & i cant play.

and becoz it lags, i cant get my Sim to Woohoo!! )= damn.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Chaos said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Chaos said...

Hey Rion! Lol.. didnt that you got read my blogs one.. Haha.. You also got play Sims one arh.. Thought you only have time for Final Fantasy... Heehee =P

To Yunz:
Hmm.. go upgrade your Laptop? Haha, you will need more RAM, and a better graphics card i think for smooth gameplay.. It will cost over 200 bucks though.. =P

10:47 PM  
Blogger xy said...

i think itz becoz my graphic card sucks. big time.

no Woohoo! for me. damn damn damn. )=

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe. I play sims when I'm stressed. I love killin my sims off. Woohoo!

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com