Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Yoo HOO!!

LOL! Its been a while since I last visited the Gashapon Machine... I'm feeling all fresh and recharged after my six days long break from work and everything else. So many things to update now; things like how Ken Sim has gotten married and is trying HARD for a baby, how sucky is The Pacifier, and how I managed to lose in almost every game of Warhammer: Dawn Of War.

BUT, I will not dwell on these unnecessary stuff, so you don't have to mouse-over the "RED CROSS" button at the top right hand corner... Haha... Hmm...What better way to start the blog with then to post a picture of the Kylie Tickets that finally arrived today!


Woo hoo!

LOL.. They are the only things that seemed to be giving me the reason and drive to retake my Napfa tests, which by the way, will be held in school on this coming friday. Soooo wish me luck! =P

Now that I have got the tickets over and done with, I will go into more serious stuff. The upcoming Kylie concerts have gotten me all bothered and fired up for the past few weeks, and had blinded me in the process. I was so caught up with my Napfa training and all, that I had actually failed to notice the impending doom that will be befalling me in under six weeks... One word: ENLISTMENT!!

To tell you the truth, I seemed to have lost interest in the concert, as I don't want to expect too much from the Napfa tests that I will be taking. You know the phrase: The higher your expectations, the harder you will fall. Or sumthing like that...

I am terribly afraid that I will be extremely disappointed in myself should I fail to pass the Napfa again. And because of that, I see the whole thing in a different pespective; If I really cannot turn up for the show, I will be able to go into my enlistment much earlier then most people and then gain from the experience. Plus, I have already asked my friends to help me take lots of photos on my behalf and get the Programs Book for me too.

This way, I will only be missing out on the actual performance, but not the ENTIRE gig. Its just another way of comforting myself, thats all.

These days, I have trained myself to see things from two different pespectives, in contrast of the negative pespective I have always seemed to adopt. Whether it is the small stuff like the weather, or the major stuff like enlistment. Somehow, I have managed to make myself feel that National Service will be fun and exciting. Not to mention also different from the lifestyle that I have been living for the earlier portion of my life.

Enlistment: Friend or foe. No matter the answer, being a male in Singapore we HAVE to go through it once in our lives. So why make ourselves suffer by worrying? Hehe, I don't anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com