Saturday, June 17, 2006

3 weeks, one COS duty, and a trial fireworks firing at the Kallang Stadium later...

Its been a while since I last blogged.. I figured that since I have nothing good to say about my army life, I might as well not blog and waste your precious time reading about it... To summarize, here are some interesting highlights during the past 3 weeks :

- On the 10th of June, I developed this irritating urge that kept pulling me into various Optical Stores for no reason.. Three days later, before my poor bank account could find out what hit em, I had burst my budget for the whole of June wide open. Fast forward to today, my two eyes are enjoying the great view through a new pair of snazzily designed red colored glasses... Still trying to get use to the new spectacles whenever I look into the mirror, and also the stares I often get from people on the bus, on the train, etc.. =/

- I had my very first COS duty in Camp on the 13th this month, which was just last Tuesday. As expected, I was indeed very nervous when I had to address the entire unit towards the end of the day. Luckily, my compassionate Warrant Officer was there to give me some aid, by shutting the hell out of the noisy troublermakers for me. The good thing was, I didnt mess up the day too much, and under my care, my unit got to fall out earlier than normal.

- Since Wednesday the 14th, I have been taking part in the preparation for the trial firing of fireworks for the upcoming National day Parade. There were alot of hard labour work involved throughout the past three days, and I had to work till after midnight last night to recover all the stores used for the occasion. However, during the actual 30 minutes of fireworks-firing last night, it was pure bliss to be able to stand so close to the source and watch all these dazzling lights splatter across the vast night sky.. I swear I nearly had an orgasm when the first one went off unexpectedly. The colourful display also attracted alot of "kaypohs" who stopped and parked their cars at the side of the road to take in the fruits of our labour. Was all the work worth it? Hmm, I think the correct question should be "Do I have a choice?" *Nervous Laughter* Ha ha ha ha...... =X

There, I have finally contributed to my own blog again. Until next time then.. Bwahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com